If you think my hands are full... you should see my heart!

Our BIG Family of Five...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 29, 2012

4 Year Old Check Up

Caroline had to take a trip to see Dr. Le for her 4 year old check up. I have heard from other moms that this check up was pretty rough because she will get several shots. I prepared Caroline before we left that she would be getting several shots (I'm a tell it like it is mom). Caroline told me, "I'm going to be brave and not cry, it's no big deal". I thought to myself, "yeah right, she is going to cry and cry". Off to the doctor we went. She got weighed... 30 pounds (25th percentile) she is going to be petite like her mommy. She got measured to see how much she grew... 39 inches (25th percentile) she is going to be short like her mommy. They checked her eyes, nose, ears, heart, lungs etc... She of course is perfect. By this point I am sweating and know what is about to come. Dr. Le asks me if I would like the girls to get their flu shots, I of course say "sure, why not.. sorry Reese you have to get a shot too". Caroline had two options to receive the flu vaccine, a shot or a mist up the nose. Without hesitation she says "a shot". Well... Caroline ended up with a whopping 5 shots.. that's 5 pricks in her legs and NOT one tear shed. I was so proud of her and could not believe she was that brave (she must get that from her mommy too). Now, Reese on the other hand got one little flu shot and cried for a solid 10 minutes... Caroline is going to have to teach her all about bravery. Caroline was super excited to get 2 stickers and a lollipop PLUS an ice cream cone for both girls from McDonalds. We are so thankful Caroline had a GREAT check up and even more thankful we don't have to go back for awhile!!



No comments:

Post a Comment