If you think my hands are full... you should see my heart!

Our BIG Family of Five...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ooh la la..

Our fancy Caroline turned 5! I still cannot believe I have a 5 year old... wasn't it just yesterday she was learning to walk? Time needs to slow down. If you know Caroline at all, you know that her birthday is a BIG deal. She anticipates this day all year long. She is already talking about her 6th birthday. She went back and forth on birthday theme ideas and finally decided on Fancy Nancy. I was a tad excited too... we have been making and getting together every fancy thing we can find. I truly LOVE to plan parties and it is starting to rub off on Caroline. She came up with some great ideas for her party and helped me make everything. You have no idea how happy it makes me to have a little Martha that loves crafts. We set up an accessories table for the girls to come in and get glamorous. They accessorized with boas, stick on earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces. The girls then went to make a "haute hat". The decorated with flowers and jewels... every girl needs a fancy hat. Then it was off to a tea party. I think this was Caroline's favorite part. She loved the idea of having the table set with little white gloves at each place setting. The girls had tea sandwiches, fruit kabobs, chips, chocolate covered pretzels and pink lemonade served in a fancy glass (of course). The adults had my moms awesome chicken salad sandwiches. After lunch, the girls made ice cream parfaits and we celebrate by singing to Caroline. She loved that part. I think the favorite activity of the day was stuffing the pink posh poodles. The girls had to add the stuffing, add a wishing heart, decorate a t-shirt for their puppy, add a collar, give the poodle a name (Caroline named hers Sally) and then top the poodle off with a tutu. They were SUPER cute and all the kids got to leave with a memory from her party. I could not be more proud of my sweet Caroline... she truly is one of the sweetest and fanciest girls I know. Happy 5th birthday, Caroline Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment